The assembled board. Very compact in size. Shown with a PIC 16F877, Max232, 24CL256 eeprom, an LM7805 and a 20MHz xtal. All IC’s are socketed. A 20k pot provides LCD contrast adjustment. A momentary switch is used for resetting the PIC. Power for the backlit LED is available via a 2 pin header. It also has a 2 pin regulated 5v header available for other devices. A 20 pin header accommodates the graphic lcd. It can be powered by any 7-16 volts DC supply.
Headers are provided for the unused pins. Pins used are as follows:
- PORTD - 8 bit data bus
- PORTC Pins 3,4 for the I2C eeprom
- PORTC Pins 6,7 for Serin/Serout
- PORTC Pins 0,1,2,5 LCD control
- PORTB 1,2 LCD chip select
- All remaining pins are brought to headers